One day course 9.00 to 5.00pm
1. By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Identify when you use assertive, aggressive or non-assertive behaviour.
- Identify the thought processes that make you less inclined to use assertive behaviour.
- Enable you to identify areas where you can make more use of assertive behaviour.
2. Session overviews:
- What it is and what it's not
- Key components of assertive behaviour
- Verbal and non verbal behaviour in an assertivenss context
- Process skills
- Techniques for specific situations
3. Course activities:
- Group discussion throughout
- Syndicate exercises
- Role plays
- Paired exercises.