One day course 9.00 to 5.00pm
1. By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
* Identify their preferred conflict management mode
* Identify situations where they can use a different mode
* Recognize the preferred conflict management style of others
* Identify what they need to do to use different modes skillfully
* Recognise certain types of difficult people and know what approach to take with them to get a productive outcome.
2. Session overviews
* Definition of conflict
* Conflict handling modes
* Dealing with difficult people
* The management of established staff
* Departures from the organisation.
3. Course activities:
*Discussion, questionnaires and role plays are used to establish preferred conflict management approaches and to discuss these in relation to conflict situations they have had to deal with in the past. The intention being to reflect on their previous experiences within the context of the models and theory they now have and agree what area they could develop further and when and where they can take a different approach in the future.